- Switch off lights and other electrical appliances when not in use.
- Switch to LED lights.
- Choose power providers that prioritise renewable energy.
- Wash clothes in cold water and air dry instead of using the dryer.
- Shop local.
- Buy second-hand.
- Ask “Do I really need this?” to reduce your consumption.
- Upcycle to give your old items a new chance at life.
- Look for sustainably-sourced products.
- Reduce your meat and dairy consumption.
- Meal plan and only purchase what is necessary.
- Compost your kitchen scraps and garden waste.
- Create a worm farm.
- Grow your own veggies and fruit.
Green your commute
- Walk, cycle or carpool.
- Catch the bus, train or ferry.
- Switch to an electric or hybrid vehicle.
- Reduce air travel and offset emission.
- Make your travel plans ahead of time.
Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Avoid single-use plastics.
- Select products without any packaging or with biodegradable packaging.
- Use reusable bags, water bottles, and keep cups as often as possible.
- Recycle paper and cardboard.
Restore and protect nature
- Plant local flora and attract native wildlife in your own backyard.
- Support local initiatives that protect and restore nature.
- Plant a tree or two
- Volunteer with a conservation organisation.